Basic Blackjack Strategy
Blackjack is an easy and fun game to play. Once you know what you're doing and master basic Blackjack strategy it's not only entertaining but potentially VERY rewarding too!
It's mandatory that we start this section off by saying that Card Counting is not a viable strategy or "system" that can be used when playing online Blackjack. This is due to the fact that the random number generator shuffles the decks after each hand or each couple of hands, so it is not possible to keep track of the "true count" when playing at online casinos. So, let's dispel the Card Counting theory and brand it as not suitable for our purposes. Nonetheless, there are other strategies that actually do work for Online BlackJack.
Basic BlackJack Strategy is the the best way to tip the Odds of winning in your favour. There are some basic rules differences depending on which online casino you're playing at or if you're playing Single Deck BlackJack or Multi-Player BlackJack. However the Basic Strategy remains constant:
General BlackJack Strategy
- If you have a total of 2 - 8, you should HIT.
- If you have a total of 12 - 16 and the Dealer's Face Up card is a 7 or higher, you should HIT.
- If your total is 17, 18, 19, 20, you should STAND. A total of 21 is an automatic winner if the Dealer's hand is less than 21 or is a bust. If the Dealer has 21, your hand is a 'Push' and you are refunded your original bet. You neither win nor lose on a Push.
Double Down Strategy
- If your total is 9 and the Dealer's Face Up card shows a 2 - 6, you should Double Down.
- If your total is 10 and the Dealer's Face Up card shows a 2 - 9, you should Double Down.
- If your total is 11 and the Dealer has any card EXCEPT an Ace, you should Double Down.
Soft Hand Strategy
- If you have a Soft 19 or Soft 20, you should STAND.
- If you have a Soft 13 - 18, and the Dealer shows 4 - 6, you should Double Down.
Split Pairs Strategy
- Split Aces and 8s ALWAYS.
- Split 4s, 10s, and Face Cards NEVER.
Try these BlackJack Strategies at Jackpot City Casino and receive a 100% Match Bonus up to €200.
Click here for our BlackJack Strategy cards if you are really serious about winning at Blackjack.